Shanghai will host this year's Archery World Cup Final after the Chinese stage of the season was cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Competition is tentatively scheduled for between September 26 and 27, with the dates yet to be confirmed.
A regular World Cup stage was due to take place in Shanghai in May but World Archery said this would no longer go ahead.
It is due to announce a replacement host for this event shortly.
Hosting the World Cup Final will mean Shanghai will continue its run of staging an event on the circuit, which stretches back to 2009.
China has never hosted the climax to the season before.
World Archery said it had been monitoring the impact of coronavirus, which has forced the cancellation or postponement of numerous sporting events, since January.
Earlier this month, the governing body's secretary general Tom Dielen said it was "confident" the situation would resolve itself in time for May's event.
The other stages of the World Cup season will continue as planned.
"A change to the calendar was required in view of recently introduced travel restrictions on athletes and officials, and the packed international schedule," World Archery said.
Dielen added: "World Archery is pleased to be taking the Hyundai Archery World Cup Final to China and the Pudong New Area of Shanghai in particular.
"Current circumstances meant a change was necessary but we see this as an extremely positive outcome for the athletes and sport."
There have now been more than 78,000 cases of coronavirus since it originated in Chinese city Wuhan.
More than 2,400 people have died and 33 countries and territories have reported patients.
The overwhelming majority of cases are in China.